This may be why. Your Love Interest/Cut-Buddy:
1) Found someone they like more than you. (Someone they want a real relationship with for more than just sex.)
2) They were using you for sex. Dates; to overcome boredom; to cuddle (it's been cold outside from October to March) or to stroke their ego.
3) They are ready to loose you! Drop you!
4) They just want to be "single single" and keep their options open.
5) It’s about to be Summer. There will be no Spring because it didn’t come last year! There are only a couple of snow storms left in Winter. Get your sundresses, toes, and new hair ready!
6) You asked for a commitment, or anything, a Valentine’s Day present, dinner, date, a bill to be paid, to meet his or her Mama and friends; and he or she looked at you like “this ain’t that”! You knew what this was! Time is up!
7) They're telling you “it’s not you it’s me”! They’re working on themselves.
So what do you do next?
It’s okay. Get back out there! Try online dating; Tinder, etc. Even if it’s just to lurk and see what’s out there with no real intention of meeting any of the prospects. You may meet a new friend or colleague that way. Hang with friends; work on projects; make money; work; focus on career; Clean yo house! Spring cleaning; go to church; Become a better you; Be celibate/abstinent; Exercise; Work on you!
And don’t be confused when planet Mercury goes retrograde on Tuesday March 5th and your love interest/fling/boo comes back for the next 3 weeks. It’s just to make it through these last couple of snow storms and wrap up cuffing season. Mercury in retrograde will cause communication confusion, texts sent and unsent, words you don’t mean to say, all types of mess amongst lovers, friends, and family, technology, car troubles, accidents, and travel plans. It also can bring in a bit of nostalgia.
Once you are aware of its planetary presence, you can better navigate it and use the time to “Re”. Review, renew, retreat, re-everything. Re-evaluate what you really want next in your life regarding love and your life. Anything new with a new person don’t take it too seriously either. I know from experience. I’ve met and dated a couple guys who I initially met online (POF, Plenty of Fish) during a couple of Mercury Retrogrades in 2017. It was fun and exciting at the time but after the retrograde, the relationships actually took a different direction. It was no one’s fault per say, but I’ve learned to enjoy the nostalgic blasts from the past as well as meeting new prospects; yet not putting too much stock into them either. If the relationships make it past the retrograde time, then you may have a winner! It has been said that you or the other party are not really your true self during these times. I find it interesting that the planetary alignments, moon, and stars really do have an effect on us in ways that we don’t even realize. There is something about the energies and the alignment of the stars.
My best advice is to take it slowly and really get to know the person while continuing to evaluate what you want and don’t want from a relationship. Take a chill pill and get ready for Summer. Go on a retreat post Mardi Gras the Lenten Season (the 40 days before Easter). I was raised Catholic so it's traditional for me to fast or "give up" something during this time. It's a good time to detox or fast from people and food. In this season, get clarity about what you really want from life and love so you don’t get caught off guard when cuffing season returns in October. Hopefully, you will meet your official person or someone who is serious about you and you about them before then! I wish you the best of luck, and I'm praying for your peace. Don't hold on to anyone or anything that's not good for you.